With Halloween earlier this week, I thought it would be fun to share a list of mine and Ray’s favorite scary movies! I actually wouldn’t consider myself a horror movie lover. I don’t want to watch anything too scary and I certainly don’t want to watch anything too disturbing… but scary in small doses can be really fun!
Time to put on your pajamas and pop some popcorn! Here’s a list of our 10 Favorite Scary Movies:
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) – I was so legitimately scared the first time I saw this one… and I was 19.
2. Carrie (1976) – A true classic!
3. Carnival of Souls (1962) – One of the first movies Ray and I ever watched together. The pacing is really slow, which makes the whole movie that much creepier.
4. Slither (2006) – I love the different take on this monster movie! It’s also really funny!
5. Trick ‘r Treat (2007) – A perfect modern Halloween movie with a good mix of horror and humor!
6. Friday the 13th (1980) – Another movie that legitimately still scares me, even after viewing it multiple times.
7. Freaks (1932) – Possibly the creepiest of the list!
8. Alien (1979) – Even though Alien isn’t super scary, Ray says it always makes him think about Halloween!
9. Night of the Living Dead (1968) – “They’re coming for you, Barbara!” If you only watch one movie on this list, make it Night of the Living Dead!
10. Evil Dead (1981) – Ray loves this one! He’s also been loving the Starz show, Ash vs. the Evil Dead.
Runner Up – Netflix original Stranger Things, which isn’t a movie, but it’s so good I had to add it anyway. What are your favorite go-to scary movies?!