One new years eve my friends and I went to Falling Creek, a hundred year old wooden church, wrote out our resolutions, and hid them in the walls. Why did we do that? I really don’t know, but it was kind of magical and I will never forget it. Here are my resolutions and goals for 2013:
1. Be more Christ like. Show more compassion. Love people, even when they don’t love me back. Be patient (!!!). Be still. Be thankful. Be less entitled. These are the most important ones, obviously.
2. Set aside specific time everyday for Ray and I to be together. Our schedules are so different. Like drastically different. With me working 40 hours a week + at least one weekend a month, Ray having various studio sessions during the week and doing work with our church, small groups, show meeting, etc. we get pretty busy. I want to make sure the time we’re able to spend together just as a couple is quality time.
3. Take a vacation. A real one and not to the beach.
4. Drink more water. Guys, I went for years only drinking water. We’ve actually already started implementing this one. Yay, go alliray!
5. Have a really good anniversary. Last year, our first anniversary, wasn’t so awesome. Ray had a SUPER stressful job that didn’t allow him to take time off + other obligations and we weren’t really able to have much of a celebration.
6. Make this blog more awesome!
7. Spend more time working on artistic projects. I already have a few really cool opportunities for this in 2013!
What are some of your goals/resolutions for 2013?