About a year and a half ago I blogged about a few of my favorite YouTube channels, and I wanted to give you an update on who I’m loving now (and who you should love).
1. Crash Course- John Green is a huge deal right now with his best-selling book turned movie, The Fault in Our Stars. Did you know he started on YouTube? Did you also know he’s the creator of Vid Con, a conference specifically focused on online video? His youtube channel, Crash Course, provides short “crash courses” on history, literature, chemistry, etc. John specifically teaches on the history courses.
2. Two Years Eight Months– I love this lifestyle channel because it’s made by sisters who are best friends. Michelle and Aline are friendly, charming and informative in their videos. They make me want to make videos with my sister!
3. A Fab Life– Leah and Mary, stars of A Fab Life, are superstars at diy, decorating, hosting and most things fabulous.
4. Cute Polish– As all of you know, I’m slightly obsessed with all things nails. This channel is souly devoted to nail art and I can’t get enough of it.
5. Nikki Phillippi– Nikki Phillippi was one of the first people I ever started following on youtube. I found her several years ago when I was looking for a video on vitamin c. Random, right? She focuses on lifestyle and beauty. I also really love her vlog channel.
6. Miranda Sings– I don’t typically utilize youtube to watch comedy videos. You know, those cat videos or fall down videos the over 50 crowd likes to post on facebook? I’m not into it. I AM into the character Miranda Sings. Ray is not a fan, but I think this is one of the funniest characters out there right now.
Who do you love? Give me all your videos.
Last Friday Ray and I traveled to Live Oak to participate in the southern tradition of berry pickin’. Berry pickin’ is not an easy thing in the middle of summer in Florida when it’s 97 degrees outside and 80% humidity, BUT it sure is rewarding. We picked blueberries and blackberries (my fave) and we were also able to take home a cantaloupe, watermelons, and potatoes!
In a matter of a few hours we spent time with family, Ray almost had a heat stroke, I got a teeny bit sun burnt, Ray fixed a computer, we picked our weight in fruit, we had an unsuccessful photo shoot, and we even took a pit stop at Dairy Queen. All in all, we had a really nice southern evening.
I also blogged the last time we went to the farm to pick blueberries! You can read about that adventure here.
You may have seen both of these polishes in my Top Ten Favorite Summer Polishes, and let me tell you, I REALLY love them. For this look I painted my nails with Essie’s A Splash of Grenadine, taped off a triangle with good ole scotch tape, and painted Orly’s Rage in the triangle. Easy as pie!
I can’t get enough of this pink color. Pink is a hard color for me to wear. Baby pink makes my skin look dirty and hot pink makes my skin look sallow. I think this cool toned medium pink is my perfect pink!
“Pink is my signature color.” – Shelby, Steel Magnolias
Daily life with Alliray via iphone photos.
Well, it’s been over a year since I posted a “What’s in my bag” blog! I’ve been using the same everyday bag for a year and a half and I’m beginning to think it’s too big. The more room I have the more things I find to store inside.
Things of note:
– Too many writing utensils
– 3 note books? Why?
– rogue anchor sock without a partner
– Keurig K-cup for morning work survival
I also had a tremendous amount of trash, receipts and old coupons, but threw all that crap away 10 minutes before I decided to blog about what’s in my bag. Usually I have a small umbrellas in my bag but I believe I left it in the car a few days ago. I also tend to keep books and headphones in my purse as well.
What’s in your bag?