Last weekend we visited the MOCA Museum in Jacksonville to listen to a “coffee with the curator” and visit the Andy Warhol exhibit, In Living Color. I believe this was my first time seeing any Warhol prints in real life. It was a great exhibit and these photos don’t do it justice! Don’t miss your chance to see this collection! If you’re local I highly suggest you visit MOCA!
You know bedrooms in tv shows and movies are always amazingly styled, clean-ish, and have just the right amount of quirk? Why can’t my bedroom ever look like that?! Well, I guess it’s because I actually live in my bedroom and it isn’t a set made beautiful by a stylist.
Without further ado…
My top 5 fictional bedrooms
5. Arnold’s bedroom in Hey Arnold – With that window ceiling and groovy carpet, what more could you ask for? 4. Jess’ bedroom in New Girl – This is probably the most realistic and adult bedroom in the list. I love the colors and exposed brick. 3. DJ and Stephanie Tanner’s bedroom in Full House – The bedroom went through a few changes as the girl’s got older, but is my favorite version. Guys, I can’t even tell you how bad I wanted this room when I was a kid. 2. Clarissa’s bedroom in Clarissa Explains It All – Unfortunately, the photo below doesn’t show the alligator sand pit or the license plate collection. 1. Cher’s bedroom in Clueless – The pink satin, the gigantic headboard, the closet…
– Guys, it’s been hella cold here. 25 degrees cold, which is outrageously frigid for the Sunshine State. We even had snow flurries (IN FLORIDA!!!!) a few weekends ago. But it’s also been warm? It was 86 degrees last week. I DON’T UNDERSTAND WEATHER!
– Soup on soup on soup. – To keep warm in the arctic tundra of north Florida, Ray and I have been making lots of soup! It’s one of our specialties! In the last few weeks we’ve made chicken noodle, chicken and wild rice, bacon cheese burger soup (twice), and Texas chili.
– Sickness – Ray was sick with a cold for a week in January. So thankful I didn’t catch it!!
– Home owners for five years?! How?! – January 20th was the 5 year anniversary of Ray and I buying Big Brown. 5 years ago we had no clue how hard/weird/frustrating/awesome owning a house would be.
– House of Cards – I talked about this in my January favorites, but HoC is our new TV obsession! We’re a couple years late to the game, but it’s nice to have 3 seasons to marathon through. Season 4 will be released in March!
– Work Projects – Lots of work projects happening for both Ray and I!! So, time for a vacation, right?
– Nail Polish – I went through all of my nail polish and gave away about 50 bottles. It feels so good because I was starting to run out of storage!
– Ray and I both had a three day weekend over Valentines Day and President’s Day. It was so nice to spend time together and relax!
It’s political season, the most annoying season in 4 years! To take your mind off the potential downfall of politics in America, I’m taking the political conversation in a different route. Yesterday was President’s Day, so in celebration I’m presenting you with the top 5 hottest American presidents.
5. Andrew Johnson(Because he looks striking like Tommy Lee Jones, and TLJ is extremely attractive in A Coal Minor’s Daughter. )See? SWOON!
4. Calvin CooligeCheck out that jaw line.
I have no idea what’s happening in this photo, but I like it.3. John F. Kennedy2. George W. Bush
I know this is a controversial pick, but I think ole’ W has really cute boyish charm. 1. Ulysses S. GrantUm, hello??!! There was really no competition here.
A new series I’m starting on this Blog is “Top 5 Tuesday” and I’m really excited about it! Every Tuesday I will be sharing my top 5 of something. Top 5 favorite movies, top 5 weirdest moments, top 5 funniest youtube videos, etc. Today, for the first Top 5 Tuesday I’m sharing my top Tuesdays. Are you confused yet? Here we go!!
5. Tuesday Mornings (the store)
4. Ruby Tuesday (the restaurant) – On the real I DO NOT love Ruby Tuesdays, BUT the first real date Ray and I ever went on was at Ruby Tuesday. Kind of embarrassing, right? We had been friends for several years and had been out to eat together many times at that point… but, for some reason, the Ruby Tuesday night was when it started to feel like we were actually dating.
3. My cousin Heather’s cat that was named Tuesday
2. Ruby Tuesday by The Rolling Stones (the song)
1. Fat Tuesday (TODAY!!!!!) – Happy Mardi Gras!!!! PS- Someone bring me a King Cake!!!!