Is it spring yet? I know 3/4 of the county is covered in snow, but it was 70ish degrees here last weekend. And while I know that doesn’t really mean anything and Florida weather is fickle this time of year, I’m ready for Spring. So, why not reflect that in nail polish? Also, is it just me or do these nails remind you of Rocko’s Modern Life?
Splash of Grenadine by Essie
Turquoise and Caicos by Essie
Good Morning Hope by Essie
My friend Kyle and I also discovered that these nails perfectly match the tables at my favorite lunch time spot, Chasteen’s!
My favorite nails are always ALWAYS space nails. I’m not sure if I’ve talked about it much on here, but I’m really into space. I went to Space Camp in 6th grade. I always make it a point to follow the twitter accounts of the astronauts living on the International Space Station. I’m currently trying to convince Ray that for my next birthday I need to have a space themed party!
Today, I wanted to talk about my favorite winter polishes. It’s been a while since I’ve posted about polish. Life’s been weird and pretty nails haven’t been on the top of the list. However, after a week in the hospital for Ray’s surgery (more on that later) one of the first things I did to relax and feel normal was paint my nails. 1. Rage by Orly
2. Gold glitter (no name to be found) by Wet and Wild
3. Miss Fancy Pants by Essie
4. Punk Purple by Elf
5. In Stitches by Essie
6. Decoded by Orly
7. Wild Wisteria by Orly
8. Plum Nior by Orly
9. Bordeaux by Essie
10. Size Matters by Essie
I get asked pretty frequently what products I use on my hands and nails. I’m not an expert or a manicurist, but I thought I would share some of the products I really like.
1. Paraffin hand lotion – This brand is great, but any paraffin lotion works for me!
2. Sally Hansen Diamond Base Coat – This is the best base coat you can find at the drug store.
3. Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat – I’ve talked about this product many times before. It’s the absolute best top coat I’ve ever used.
4. Burt’s Bees Cuticle Cream – Not only is this cuticle cream awesome it also smells great.
5. pointy ended cotton buds – Because nail polish on cuticles isn’t cute.
6. dotting tools – Because I REALLY love polka dot nails.
7. glass nail file – Because I like it.