Everyone knows that I love Halloween and agonize over picking out a costume. I like to spend a few weeks before the 31st planning, shopping, and most of the time even making my own costume. But lets be real, many of these were last minute situations. Most of my costumes are relatively easy and cheap to recreate. So in honor of my (and everyone’s) favorite Autumn holiday, I thought I’d do a roundup of mine and Ray’s 10 best Halloween costumes throughout the years.
1. Pizza + Delivery Boy (2014)
I loved this costume combo!
2. Willy Roberts from Duck Dynasty + a Duck (2013)
Quite possibly one of my worst pictures ever. This was at the height of the show, and Ray was getting asked almost daily if he grew his beard out because of Duck Dynasty (he didn’t).
3. Little Mouse, Big Hungry Bear, and the Red Ripe Strawberry (2013)
I worked at a library at the time and the staff all dressed in literary costumes.
4. Khaki Scout from Moonrise Kingdom (2012)5. Pawnee Goddess + Pastor Dale (2011)
I loved this costume! I had just started getting into Parks and Rec and was quickly turning into a super fan. My mom made this vest for me, but unfortunately I couldn’t find a photo that really showed it off. I made most of the “badges” out of paper and used star patches.
6. Bjork as a Swan (2010)
I had the forethought to rent a crinoline skirt and purchase white boas, but I was sewing that swan head together an hour before the paper.
Also, Black Swan7. Kindergarten Indian (2008)
For adult Indian vests, I suggest finding a large paper to-go bag from a restaurant. Mine was from Cracker Barrel. I painted the vest with regular acrylic paint.
8. Scientist + Robot (2007?)
On the real, my costume was pretty lame and last minute. My friend MeLissa’s costume though… that was on point!Here’s another one from the same party…
9. Glenda the Good Witch (1989?)10. Ballerina (1989ish) and Devil (1987ish)
Check out that wallpaper!
More fun stuff:
– Here is my sister dressed as Sherry Lewis. One of my favorite last minute costumes ever!– Here is another great costume of Bries! A foreign exchange student super excited about being in America (seen with Fidel Castro).
– I’m not sure if there’s a photo of this, but one year I dressed up as the earth. I wore brown boots for dirt, green pants for grass, a blue sweatshirt with felt clouds for the sky, and a rainbow ribbon headband. Whew!
– One year Ray dressed as the invisible man. He wore a suit and wrapped his face in an ace bandage. I know there is a photo floating around the internet of it somewhere…
– Here is a photo of photo my dad took on his iphone for me. So, probably the best quality you’ve ever seen. This is me in a poodle skirt and Brie dressed as a sunflower. Also, photo evidence of Brie wearing tennis shoes. – I have a really good idea for us this year, but no one is actually having a party on Halloween and we’ll be out of town the weekend prior. SOMEONE HAVE A PARTY ON THE 31ST!!!!!
Now, tell me all your Halloween costumes!!!