- I took this photo during the fall of 2005. It was the beginning of October and I was on my way to my friends, Dale and Amber’s house. I remember the moment very specifically because it was then when I started to believe I was probably the best photographer in North America.
- In reality I just happened to capture a pretty sky. But look at it! 10 years later and I still love it!
- It’s a lot harder for me to blog in the fall and winter. I work during the day and once I get home I have approximately 12 seconds of optimal light left for photos. And, I mean, who wants to read blogs with no photos? I sure don’t!
- Ray always says I should just learn to take better photos in low light… but I’d rather watch The Mindy Project than learn about photos.
- Speaking of Ray (my bae, hunny bunny, muffin cake), it was a year ago that he went into the hospital and we discovered he had diverticulitis. 3 hospital stays, 2 major surgeries, lots of dilaudid, $5690450968456, and a year later, Ray’s doing pretty well.
- Speaking of Ray again… Here’s another old fall photo. A selfie before selfies were such a thing. I love this photo, but I hate that hat. I’ve always hated that hat. The Newsboy/B-Spears/train conductor look just isn’t my fave.
- This was maybe taken in 2007? Maybe 2008? There’s a guitar in the backseat so I’m assuming this was during the years of Margot West (Ray’s old band, if you’re new here).
- Margot West is one of my favorite bands and I promise I’m not even being bias.
- One evening in late October of 2007, Margot West (then sort of called Gun Smoke?) played a show at the county fair. After the show Ray pulled me over to his truck and gave me a birthday present of two Nancy Drew books. One about a robot and one about a fire dragon. That’s when I knew he liked me.
- This post got too mushy too quickly. Sorry not sorry!!!!
Photography, hospital stays, and Margot West
Leave a reply