Seasonal blog posts I wanted to write about but didn’t due to the time constraints of working, hospital-ing and Christmas-ing:
– Shepherds being my favorite part of the Christmas story
– My favorite DIY Christmas gifts to give/recieve
– My family’s Christmas vs. Ray’s family Christmas and how we get the best of both worlds
– My aversion to most radio Christmas songs vs. my love for holy Christmas songs
– Holiday nail art
– Holiday stress
Ray and I had such a sweet and wonderful Christmas. We spent the morning with my family and the afternoon/evening with Ray’s family. We exchanged gifts, visited with relatives and ate delicious food. Because Ray is still recovering from his surgery, we made a point to move slow, literally and figuratively. We spent time together, just the two of us, to exchange gifts and hang out after a long day. We’re both tired and looking forward to a weekend of relaxing.
Highlights/lowlights of the day:
– My mom gave Ray her classical guitar! So sweet!
– Delicious food including monkey bread, mimosas, cookie butter truffles and buffalo chicken dip!
– I left my purse at my parents house with my licence and Ray’s pain medicine. We didn’t notice until we were in Live Oak at Ray’s parent’s house. Booo.
– Justin’s dog, Chief, peed on the Christmas tree. I personally thought this was hilarious. I mean, it is a tree…
We hope you had a Merry Christmas!