2020 has been… stressful, to say the least. One of the things that kept our spirits up over the duration of the spring and summer was tending our garden. We’ve gardened in years past, but this year we went about it with more intention. Not to mention, with quarantining, we had much more time!
In the midst of this pandemic, I’ve noticed a lot of people baking banana bread – some for the first time! Banana bread is so comforting, and honestly, that’s what we need during these unpredictable times. I’ve made countless loaves of banana bread and tried tons of different recipes. A few years ago, I figured out my perfect recipe and today I’m sharing it with you. I hope you try it out and enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup Room Temp Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cinnamon to Taste
- Heat oven to 350 and prep a loaf pan by spraying cooking spray on the inside.
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture. Mix until eggs are completely combined and mixture is smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla to mixture.
- Add bananas. I use a stand mixer, so I just throw the bananas in. If you're hand mixing, I suggest mashing them before adding to the mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to mixture.
- Add cinnamon to taste. I love lots and lots of cinnamon.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes. Bake until the top of the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool. Enjoy!