Monthly Archives: June 2013
My Favorite Ways to use Coconut Oil
I LOVE Coconut Oil. Like, really love it. I use it for everything and it lasts for an outrageous amount of time. Did I mention a large jar is in the $5 – $7 price range?!
Here are a few of my favorite ways to use Coconut Oil:
1. Hair Mask – I tend to have really dry ends, so every few weeks I will slather coconut oil on my hair from my ears down to the tips. I let it soak any where from 10 minutes to an hour. Afterward I take a shower, making sure to wash all the oil out. This results in super soft, moisturized ends!
2. Moisturizer- This is one of the most common ways to use coconut oil. Rub the oil all over your body or just on the extra dry patches. You will feel so luxurious.
3. Eye Makeup Remover – Put some coconut oil on a cotton pad, swipe across your eyes and voila! No mess and you don’t have to tug at your eyes. If you have really oily skin I would maybe skin this one.
4. In a Smoothie – I’ve only done this a couple of times, but adding a bit of coconut oil to a smoothie or baked goods adds a healthy fat (like avacado) to your diet. You can also use it for frying, just as you would with Olive or Canola Oil.
5. Scrub – To make a scrud I use equal parts coconut oil and large grain sugar. It works wonders and it’s SO cheap!
6. Burns/Sunburn – Coconut oil is soothing to sunburns and moisturized the skin at the same time!
Do you use Coconut Oil? Or, do you have a perfect holy grail type product you can use for everything? I want to know!
Alliray: Why we’re the same
We both think Black Cat is the weirdest cat we’ve ever met.
We both love lime popsicles.
We both wanted wooden wedding bands instead of gold and diamonds.
We both have a tiny freckle on our right feet in the same place.
We both have a soft spot for late 90s/early 2000s christian jams.
We’re both ok with listening to the same song 239047230948 times in a row.
We’re both a little bit more analog than digital.
Apparently, we both take open mouth pictures like 16 year old girls. Haha.
We love each other a whole lot. =)
We had a 2 movies weekend! Saturday Ray and I saw This is the End and Sunday we saw Man of Steel with my parents.
Ray did a lot of recording and mixing and started working with a fun new band.
Last night we went on a double date with our friends Austin and Laura.
I’ve been working on ideas and plans to change and update this blog. Super excited!