Today I want to talk about my top 10 favorite nail polishes for summer. I don’t follow the rule that says you can only wear bright colors in summer or dark colors in winter, BUT I can see why it’s become the norm. Summer feels more colorful, casual and fun as far as nail polish and accessories go.
You’ve seen a lot of these polishes in recent Nailed It posts and in my May Favorites!
From left to right:
1. Lapiz of Luxury by Essie – I believe this is discontinued, but it’s very similar to Bikini So Teeny.
2. Play Date by Essie – I ALWAYS get compliments on this color.
3. The Girls are Out by Essie – One of my favorite co-workers from the library gave this to me!
4. Splash of Grenadine by Essie – My current #1 favorite!
5. Turquoise and Caicos by Essie – I’m going to be real, the formula on this one isn’t great. You will probably need 3 coats to get your nails completely opaque, but the color is BEAUTIFUL!
6. Mojito Madness by Essie – The perfect grass green.
7. The More the Merrier by Essie – I wasn’t sure about this color at first, but after using it for these nails, I really fell in love.
Doesn’t Essie have such a beautiful color pallet? I can’t get over how pretty all of these polishes are!
Now, I couldn’t forget metallics and sparkles (which I consider neutrals).
8. Luxe by Orly – I’ve used this polish in countless Nailed It posts. It’s beautiful and opaque in one coat.
9. Rage by Orly – Similar to Luxe, but ROSE GOLD!
10. Beyond Cozy by Essie – I believe this is the most sparkly polish I own. Perfect for every season.
What are some of your favorite summer polishes? Do you own any of these colors?