I associate music with seasons of my life. I also get in music rutts and will only listen to one cd, artist or single song for months (um… or longer). Summer songs do not necessarily have to be beachy or super upbeat for me. They just have to evoke some sort of summerish nostalgia type feeling. Real specific, huh?
My top 10 favorite nostalgic summer songs:
1. Ten Dead Dogs – Wild Sweet Orange
2. Summer in the City – The Lovin Spoonful
3. Thirteen – Ben Kweller
4. Feminine Mind – Chris Merritt
5. West Coast – Coconut Records
6. California – Copeland
7. Paralyze – Gasoline Heart
8. Time of the Season – The Zombies
9. Made to Love – Toby Mac
10. Robert Randolph and the Family Band – Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That
(if playlist doesn’t load try updating your flash or try a different browser)
What are your favorite summer songs?