Here are a few of my favorite ways to use Coconut Oil:
1. Hair Mask – I tend to have really dry ends, so every few weeks I will slather coconut oil on my hair from my ears down to the tips. I let it soak any where from 10 minutes to an hour. Afterward I take a shower, making sure to wash all the oil out. This results in super soft, moisturized ends!
2. Moisturizer- This is one of the most common ways to use coconut oil. Rub the oil all over your body or just on the extra dry patches. You will feel so luxurious.
3. Eye Makeup Remover – Put some coconut oil on a cotton pad, swipe across your eyes and voila! No mess and you don’t have to tug at your eyes. If you have really oily skin I would maybe skin this one.
4. In a Smoothie – I’ve only done this a couple of times, but adding a bit of coconut oil to a smoothie or baked goods adds a healthy fat (like avacado) to your diet. You can also use it for frying, just as you would with Olive or Canola Oil.
5. Scrub – To make a scrud I use equal parts coconut oil and large grain sugar. It works wonders and it’s SO cheap!
Do you use Coconut Oil? Or, do you have a perfect holy grail type product you can use for everything? I want to know!